If you’re looking for a striking but simple side dish that will impress your guests, try these Mini Hasselback Potatoes. Perfect for an appetizer, a snack or even a lunch, there are an ideal option for a dunkable and delicious snack, family meal or even formal dinner party !
- 20 new/small potatoes, washed and scrubbed
- 125ml olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 20 triangles The Laughing Cow Light Cheese
- 2 tbsp light cream
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 115g bacon bits
- 1 1/2 tbsp finely chopped chives
Makes : 20
- Pre-heat oven to 180C (350F). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using the spoon part of a wooden spoon, place one potato on top. Using a sharp knife, cut downwards on the potato about 1/4 cm apart to create an accordion like look. The bottom of the potato will not be cut through. Set aside
- In a large bowl mix together oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Toss potatoes in oil mixture carefully, while being sure to get the seasoning and oil in between the cuts. Place on the lined baking sheet, cut side up.
- Bake for 45 minutes until golden and crispy.
- In another bowl, mix together The Laughing Cow Light cheese, cream, and parsley. Spread mixture evenly over each potato. Sprinkle each with bacon bits, and place back in the oven for 5 minutes to melt cheese.
- Sprinkle sliced chives over each potato