Fondue is a great dinner party starter or easy favourite, if you have a drinks party. The Laughing Cow provides the perfect, stable base to make an easy rich cheesy fondue. Just make sure you make enough of this crowd pleaser.
Makes : 6
- 500 ml milk
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ a white onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 100 ml white wine
- 50 g butter
- 50 g plain flour
- 125 g The Laughing Cow Original (8 triangles)
- 150 g new potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 100 g radishes, halved
- 12 sprouting broccoli florets, cooked
- 18 spears of asparagus, cooked
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Pour the milk into a medium saucepan, add the garlic, bay leaf and onion. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for two minutes, remove from the heat for the flavours to infuse.
2. Melt the butter in another medium saucepan over a low heat, tip in the flour, and beat together until a roux paste forms, do not brown.
3. Pour the wine into a small pan, and, over a low heat, reduce the volume by half.
4. Strain the infused milk and add a little at a time to the roux, bring to the boil stirring continuously until the sauce thickens. Stir in the wine reduction. Turn the heat down and beat in The Laughing Cow Original. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Serve in a fondue pot, surrounded by the prepared vegetables ready to dip in the delicious, smooth, cheesy sauce.