Something a little less expected, The Laughing Cow works incredibly well with spice as demonstrated in this roasted and spiced carrot salad. The Laughing Cow sauce has such a smooth texture it forms a great base for the salad.
Makes : 6
Roasted Carrots :
- 10 large carrots, peeled
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 100 g mixed salad leaves
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
The Laughing Cow Sauce :
- 100ml single cream
- 200 g The Laughing Cow Light
- 50ml Greek yogurt
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 180° C.
- Cut each carrot into 8 pieces, place in a bowl and toss them in the coconut oil and all of the spices, season with salt and pepper, ensure that the carrots are coated evenly.
- Place on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes, turning half way through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly
- Place the cream in a saucepan, heat to near boiling point, remove from the heat and stir in the Laughing Cow Light cheese, leave to cool to room temperature, fold in the yoghurt.
- Place the sauce in a bowl, cover, and chill until required.
- To serve divide the salad between 6 small plates and dress with balsamic vinegar.
- Top the leaves with roasted carrots and spoon over the cheese sauce.