Frittatas baked in muffin tins make the perfect post workout treat and deliver not only great flavour but protein, which is really needed as you recover from training. The Laughing Cow adds flavour and an oozing centre to these frittatas.
Makes : 6
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Sprig of thyme
- 120 g new potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 45 g baby spinach leaves, shredded
- 8 eggs
- 100 g The Laughing Cow Light (6 triangles)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C and grease a 12 hole muffin tin.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, add the onions, garlic and thyme, cook until the onions are soft and caramelised.
- Add the potatoes to the onion mixture, combine well and top with the spinach, and let the spinach wilt over a low heat.
- In a large bowl crack the eggs and whisk thoroughly, season with salt and pepper.
- Three quarter fill each muffin tin hole with the onion, potato and spinach mixture.
- Pour the beaten egg into the top of each hole, filling them to just below the rim. Use a teaspoon to give each mini mix a good stir.
- Add a The Laughing Cow Light triangle to the top of each frittata.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 10-15 minutes or until the muffins are risen and beautifully browned.