The Laughing Cow works incredibly well in cheesecakes. The texture and balanced flavour creates a tantalising contrast against the fragrant and acidic strawberries. The smoothness is accentuated by the crumbly base. Great for a dessert you can whip up in minutes.
Mini Strawberry Cheesecakes
- 125 g digestive biscuits, broken
- 75 g butter, melted
- 140 g strawberries, washed and stalks removed
- 25 g caster sugar
- 225 g The Laughing Cow Original (13 triangles)
- 30 g icing sugar
- 115 ml whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Make the cheesecake base by crumbling the biscuits in a food processor, on a low speed. Pour in the melted butter and blend until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Divide the biscuit base evenly between 6 sundae glasses, use the back of a spoon to flatten the base.
- Place the half of the strawberries and sugar together in the cleaned food processor, blend for a few seconds until they break down slightly.
- Add strawberry crush to a small pan, cook for 2 minutes, set aside to cool, then cover and chill.
- In a bowl, beat The Laughing Cow Original and the icing sugar together.
- In a separate bowl whisk the cream and vanilla essence until the mixture forms soft peaks.
- Fold the cream into the cheese mixture.
- Spoon the cheesecake mix evenly into each glass, tap the base of the glass against the palm of your hand to even the distribution. Cover each glass with cling film and leave to set in the fridge.
- Decorate with fresh strawberries and the strawberry compote.