This quick and simple carrot cake is enhanced by adding The Laughing Cow into the cake mixture for a moist and flavorsome texture whilst the use of the creamy cheese adds depth to the rich icing on the top of these mini cakes.
Mini Carrot Cake
- 270 g gluten free self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 50g The Laughing Cow Light
- 120 g plain 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 10g coconut oil
- 3 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 60 ml pure maple syrup
- 180 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 265 g carrots, peeled and grated
- 60 g butter, softened
- 100 g The Laughing Cow Light
- 100 g icing sugar
- 125 g walnuts, chopped and toasted
- Pre-heat the oven to 180° C and grease a 12 hole muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, sieve together the flour, baking powder, spices and salt
- In a separate large jug, beat The Laughing Cow Light together with the Greek yoghurt and coconut oil.
- Mix, into the yoghurt and oil, the egg whites, vanilla extract, maple syrup and milk.
- Make a well in the flour mixture, gradually pour in the milky liquid, beating slowly using a wooden spoon so that a smooth cake batter forms, do not over mix.
- Fold in the grated carrot, until evenly distributed.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin tin holes, place in the oven and bake for 12-15mins.
- The mini cakes are ready when they spring back if lightly touched. Insert a thin skewer and if it comes out clean the cakes are cooked.
- Allow the cakes to cool in their tins for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- Make the topping by creaming together the butter, The Laughing Cow Light cheese and icing sugar.
- Using a small palette knife, top each cake with icing and decorate with walnuts pieces.